Pages

February 10, 2012

Voice Like a Trumpet

“On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet.” - Revelation 1:10 TNIV

For a time, Jesus, You existed on this earth as a mere baby, just a speechless child, totally dependent upon Your mom and dad for everything - sustenance, clothing, warmth, shelter, and safety. You were an ordinary cooing and crying baby, but You were, oh, so uncommon!
I wonder, in all Your earthly days, if You ever yelled other than when You responded in righteous indignation toward the self-righteous religious men and when You let out a cry in agonizing pain on the Cross. Your disciples had surely never heard You raise Your voice as is common for ordinary men.
How shocking it must have been - especially to a prisoner's ears - to hear a voice as loud as a trumpet, resounding! You are the Living Word, Jesus. You are the One from everlasting who spoke creation into existence. You are the Word of God - spoken. You still speak and hold all things together. You speak and things happen. You speak and demons flee. You speak and angels do Your bidding. Your thunderous voice fills the heavens. Your voice imparts grace, strength, fear of the Lord, freedom, knowledge of God, revelation, and more. 
So there on Patmos - by the Word of God - Your voice trumpeted and released and announced the revelation of Jesus Christ. You revealed Yourself by appearing but also by the Words that You spoke...and You are still speaking. You speak to me in that still, small voice. Can my frame sustain the reverberation of Your trumpeting sound? John knew You best, and he fell like a dead man!
I ask for it all! However You will come, come. However You want to speak, speak! I know that this voice of Yours changes everything. The waves of Your sound penetrate to the very core of my being, and I am changed from the inside out. Yes, I could (and at times do) choose to ignore that voice, but oh, how it haunts and taunts me when I do! You will not relent. Your voice spoke creation into existence, and Your desire is to keep speaking to me until every thought, word, and deed are alight and aligned with new creation.
So speak, beautiful Man, speak. I am listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...