| My potty-training formula |
We have dabbled a bit here and there with it, but now in days of an intense August heatwave, I'm going for it! We "officially" started today, but I made a Wal-Mart run tonight, and I am ready to go again tomorrow!
For those of you who have yet to ventured into this realm, as in every area of parenting, there are many decisions to be made when deciding on your personal potty-training strategy: sit or stand, bribery or none, candy or stickers, gradual or lock-down mode? Sometimes as a mom I feel more like a full-fledged psychologist than a mom! There is so much of that that takes place during the day - especially when trying to stay ahead of him. Yes, he might be three, but he's a smart (and stubborn) little "critter", as my mom would say!
So pray for us here on 7th St. We're going for it! I figure that a little Thomas the Train and M&Ms will do the trick! We'll see about that!
For you seasoned moms out there, please feel free to comment with your success (or other than!) stories!
ben's mom potty trained all of her kids with "Toilet Training in Less Than A Day" by Nathan Azrin. i used the techniques of it and kennedi was full--fledged potty trained (minus nap and night-time, but she's nap trained now too) in 2 days. again, she is a girl, but debby (ben's mom) has 3 boys and did them around 2 1/2 and got all of them potty trained in a day. i have the book if you want to read it.
ReplyDeleteoh and dont be afraid of pee on the floor :)
ReplyDeleteno advice. just good luck! mrs. dk
ReplyDelete