Psalm 145:1, "I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise Your name for ever and ever."
I have never lived in a monarchy, so I don't know the feeling of excitement and euphoria that surround the arrival of a king to your town with all the pomp and circumstance that follow, all the formalities and extravagance. Living in a democracy where our primary leader is elected every four years and can have power no more than eight, I don't know what it is to know only one or two royalties to lead in my lifetime, having the constancy of familiarity, an abiding trust therein.
But even the most stable of earthly governments pales in comparison to You, O God, my King! And if the light were to shine in upon the leaders of this earth, that which has been hidden in the shadows would be exposed - pride, waste, extravagance in the name of building their kingdom (upon the backs of their people).
But who is a God like You, Lord? There is no other king like You! You are worthy of all honor, praise, and glory, yet a lowly, hidden-away manger is where You chose to come forth. You lived in obscurity, embraced misunderstanding, and chose to be unrecognized, veiling your glory, coming in our likeness. Misunderstood in life. Reviled in death. You died among revolutionaries made common thieves and were buried in a borrow tomb.
Oh, but there will be a day when all eyes will see! I long for that day! I praise You for that day! And so I exalt You now. I praise You now. I lift You higher. I make known with my life that You are good and Your way is perfect. In this day of volunteering - while it's still day - I volunteer my praise, my love. One day every knee will bow and every tone will sing Your praise, but I don't wait for that day. Here and now in the incomplete, in the imperfect, in the unfinished I love You and I praise You, God!
I praise You now, and I'll praise You forever. I'll never stop praising You for who You are and what You've done. As You expand my capacity to see and understand, praise will mount up to You. Truly You are a good and kind God and a generous, just, and humble King. You love righteousness and hate wickedness. There is no other King like You nor anyone who will ever be as happy and joyful as You are!
Linked up here:
No comments:
Post a Comment